Drivers' Educational School is authorized by the DMV to administer the driving test. The test can be given in a vehicle provided by the tester or one of our company vehicles. Our road tests are available by walk-in only during testing hours.
Our staff will do their best to answer any questions before or after the test and maintain a calm testing environment. We encourage all testers to take the test only when they are fully ready to do so.
A few things to know about the test beforehand:
• The knowledge test must be taken at the DMV before the road test. If a permit was not issued at the DMV, we will be able to aquire a temporary permit during DMV hours of operation Monday-Friday.
• If the tester is under the age of 18, they must have their permit for at least 6 months before they can take the road test.
• The DMV requires that the driving test is in English only!
• The road test lasts between 15 and 20 minutes.
• Documents that will be needed:
• A valid Alaska Permit.
• Proof of current registration and insurance for the vehicle.
• If the tester provides the vehicle, it must have:
• working headlights, tail lights, turn signals, front and rear license
plates, rear view and both side mirrors, functional seat belts, and windshield without cracks or
• Only the tester and the examiner are allowed in the vehicle.
Drivers' Be sure to be prepared.